Registered Nurse (RN) – Step Down/Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
At Amare Medical Staffing, we understand that finding a worthwhile career opportunity can be tough, especially when there are so many directions to turn. What sets us apart from the competition is that we are a boutique travel company with big box store travel benefits and opportunities. We firmly stand by the belief that we can build stronger communities by enriching the lives of others through memorable connections and extraordinary care. This begins with valuing our nurses and exceeding your expectations for your next travel contract opportunity. Travel your way to new opportunities with us, and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) with Step Down/PCU experience in or near (LOCATION). Compassionate candidates with a minimum of one year of experience are encouraged to explore this opportunity and learn about these following great benefits:
- Most competitive pay rates and bonuses offered in the industry
- Tax Free Travel Packages
- Free Private Housing
- Comprehensive Travel Stipends/Packages
- Rewarding Benefits and Incentive programs
- Group Healthcare Benefits (Effective Day 1)
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- And More!
A Step Down or Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Nurse has the unique job of caring for patients as they transition from the ICU. They specializes in the medical treatment and surgery of patients with needs that are too complicated for a regular hospital floor, but do not require admission to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Assisting doctors in treating patients with serious illnesses.
- Providing nursing care for patients with serious ailments such as cardiac and pulmonary problems.
- Treating patients who suffer from anemia, chest pain, congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cerebral vascular accident and various post – ops.
- Administering proper medications as prescribed and ordered by the physician.
- Monitoring patient’s vital signs and documenting finding within the patient’s medical chart.
- Administering medications as prescribed by the physician.
- Closely monitoring the progress and recovery of patient and reporting any changes in condition to the physician.
- Utilizing critical thinking to plan and select appropriate interventions for patient care that result in the desired patient outcomes.
- Maintaining a sterilized environment inside the progressive care unit.
- Other Applicable Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Current in-state RN License
- One (1) year of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
Amare Medical Staffing is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.