Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU)
At Amare Medical Staffing, we understand that finding a worthwhile career opportunity can be tough, especially when there are so many directions to turn. What sets us apart from the competition is that we are a boutique travel company with big box store travel benefits and opportunities. We firmly stand by the belief that we can build stronger communities by enriching the lives of others through memorable connections and extraordinary care. This begins with valuing our nurses and exceeding your expectations for your next travel contract opportunity. Travel your way to new opportunities with us, and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) with experience in the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU) in or near (LOCATION). Compassionate candidates with a minimum of two years of experience are encouraged to explore this opportunity and learn about these following great benefits:
- Most competitive pay rates and bonuses offered in the industry
- Tax Free Travel Packages
- Free Private Housing
- Comprehensive Travel Stipends/Packages
- Rewarding Benefits and Incentive programs
- Group Healthcare Benefits (Effective Day 1)
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- And More!
- Completes a head to toe physical assessment and a social assessment of the patient upon admission.
- Initiate cardiac monitoring, oxygen therapy, non-invasive blood pressure, and oximetry. Start/or evaluate IV site. Evaluate existing drainage systems in place.
- Develop a written Care Plan upon admission and review and update it daily.
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmia’s and provide intervention using physician orders, ACLS Algorithm, or ICU standing orders.
- Re-assess patient to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the physician.
- May operate the following equipment: IV pump, PCA pump, Kangaroo pump, Cardiac Monitors (both room and central).Pacemaker, Ventilator, Bi-Pap, Pressure Modules, (Arterial line and Swan Ganz), Blanketrol cooling/warming unit, defibrillators , Microcron Air Purifier, Doppler, Temperature probes, and use and management of Blakemore tubes.
- Provide routine patient care. Perform blood draw from an arterial and central line. Obtain readings from pulmonary catheter (wedged and non-wedged). Interpret computerized monitor trends.
- Administer medications, calculate doses and maintain current knowledge of medications.
- Assess the patient’s learning needs. Educate the patient and family.
- Follow the standard for infection control; hand washing, protective eyewear, mask, gown, gloves, head cover, and shoe cover, as appropriate. Proper disposal of contaminated items and the use of isolation.
- Participate in monthly outdating of medications and supplies, checking of crash cart, hemodynamic cart, chest tube cart, and trachea box. Check, order and stock supplies according to par level.
- Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation.
- Complete patient charges daily and enter orders into the computer.
- Monitor vitals and documents readings in the patient’s medical chart.
- Initiate and coordinate a Code Blue.
- Other Applicable Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Current in-state RN License
- Two years of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
Amare Medical Staffing is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.