Licensed Social Worker
At Amare Medical Staffing, we understand that finding a worthwhile career opportunity can be tough, especially when there are so many directions to turn. What sets us apart from the competition is that we are a boutique travel company with big box store travel benefits and opportunities. We firmly stand by the belief that we can build stronger communities by enriching the lives of others through memorable connections and extraordinary care. This begins with valuing our nurses and exceeding your expectations for your next travel contract opportunity. Travel your way to new opportunities with us, and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
We are currently seeking an Licensed Social Worker (LSWs) in or near (LOCATION). Compassionate candidates with a minimum of one year of experience are encouraged to explore this opportunity and learn about these following great benefits:
- Most competitive pay rates and bonuses offered in the industry
- Tax Free Travel Packages
- Free Private Housing
- Comprehensive Travel Stipends/Packages
- Rewarding Benefits and Incentive programs
- Group Healthcare Benefits (Effective Day 1)
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- And More!
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, assess, counsel and effectively intervene with medically and psycho-socially complex patients with the ability to understand complex dynamics related to the clinical situation.
- Successfully utilize therapeutic counseling methods such as crisis intervention, psycho social support, brief goal-directed therapy, CISM and/or other appropriate therapeutic methods that may be appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Complete a psycho social assessment that includes social, economic, cultural, age-related and behavioral factors, history of child, elder or domestic abuse, prior psychiatric or substance abuse treatment, family and social support systems and all other available resources as appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare team, patients and families and relevant community resources to develop and implement and individualized plan of care.
- Continue to monitor and evaluate the plan of care, options and available services throughout the hospital stay to effectively meet the patient and family’s need. Reassess the plan of care as status changes or at a minimum of every 3 days.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of federal, state and local assistance programs and community resources that affect patient needs.
- Demonstrates expertise in accessing social systems by providing resource-specific information to patients and families, initiating contact with appropriate resources and facilitating the patient / family’s ability to accept referrals.
- Educate and advocate for patients and families to enhance their ability to make informed decisions regarding medical care, discharge planning, advance directives and end of life care including actively participating in the guardianship process when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of reimbursement systems, the ability to educate patients and families regarding payer requirements / coverage for post-acute care services and the ability to effectively advocate on behalf of the patient to obtain authorizations for continued care as appropriate.
- Provides accurate, timely and appropriate documentation of all social work interventions in the medical record per regulatory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional practice, maintaining respect for confidentiality and freedom of choice as outlined by the Code of Ethics by the National Association of Social Workers as well as the State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
- LSW License (preferred) or MSW
- Experience in health care setting
- One year of experience
Amare Medical Staffing is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.